Top 10 Carpet Care Tips
At A+ Carpet & Furniture Cleaning, we want your carpet to look its best 365 days of the year. That’s why we’re sharing these carpet care tips to help you maintain your carpet until our next visit. Following these tips will not only help to keep your carpet looking its best, but it will help to extend the life of your carpet and increase the amount of time between regular, professional carpet cleanings.
- Vacuum heavy traffic areas 2 to 3 times a week, and the rest of your carpet once a week.
- Use an indoor and an outdoor welcome mat to reduce the amount of dirt that enters your home.
- Use a Professional Spot Remover to treat spots and spills. If it’s not handy, you can make your own spot removing product by mixing ¼ teaspoon bleach-free liquid detergent with 1 cup cold water.
- Re-apply stain-resistant protector to your carpet regularly and after cleanings; the original protection naturally wears down over time.
- To prevent permanent damage when a stain or spot occurs, act immediately with a spot removal plan. Remember, stain-resistant does not mean stain-proof.
- Test spot removal products for colorfastness—before you use them. This is best accomplished in an inconspicuous area.
- Test area rugs for colorfastness before placing them over your carpet. Some rugs may bleed their colors.
- Vacuum under area rugs periodically. This removes any loose dirt that may be trapped between the rug and your carpet.
- Leave the protective blocks in place for a couple days after a carpet cleaning. This helps to avoid any color transfer from your furniture to the floor.
- Clean your furniture and your carpet at the same time. A professional cleaning gets rid of the everyday dirt and soil.
At A+ we clean carpets, upholstery, cars, trucks, rv’s , motorhomes, businesses, and rental homes in Longview, Kelso, Vader, Castlerock, Kalama, Vancouver, Battleground, Woodland, Salmon Creek, Hazel Dell, Camas, and even Rainer, Clatskanie, Scapoose and St. Helens. Don’t get overcharged call A+ first. Don’t forget we also re-stretch and install carpet. We are the flooring experts.