- For carpet care a wet/dry vacuum cleaner is the best way to effectively remove stains. Use the attachment with the best suction and vacuum as much of the stain as possible, continuing to add water to the stain as you go. Treatment of the affected area should begin immediately upon discovery. The more time that elapses before treatment, the more difficult a stain will be to remove. For the best results, useMohawk FloorCare Essentials Carpet Spot Remover and Cleaning Kit.
- First scrape the food spill gently with a spoon or dull knife, or a Mohawk FloorCare Essentials Carpet Cleaning Key, removing as much solid material as possible. If detergent is required, use it sparingly and gently rinse the area with water while moving the vacuum wand back and forth. Use a towel to absorb all moisture.
- If spot removal solvent is necessary use Mohawk FloorCare Essentials Spot Remover or other low residue carpet spot remover that has been approved by The Carpet and Rug Institute of America, apply several drops to a clean white cloth and blot the carpet in an inconspicuous area. If a color change occurs or color transfers to the cloth, consult a professional carpet cleaner.
- Place towels or cloth over wet area and weight with a heavy, colorfast object to absorb moisture. Leave overnight.
- If stains remain after cleaning, moisten the tufts in the stained area with 3% hydrogen peroxide and let stand for one hour. Blot and repeat until carpet is stain–free. No rinsing is necessary. Apply a pad of paper towels and weigh them down, allowing carpet to dry.
- Some stains cannot be removed because they permanently alter the carpet’s color. These stains include acid toilet bowl cleaners, acne medication, alkaline drain cleaners, chlorinated bleaches, hair dyes, iodine, insecticides, mustard with turmeric and plant fertilizers. For these types of stains, call a professional carpet cleaner. In order to maintain and protect your warranty coverage under the terms of these warranties, you must do the folloing: A minimum of one professional cleaning every 18 months is required. We recommend hot water extraction otherwise known as steam cleaning.
At A+ Carpet & Furniture cleaning we welcome tough jobs call and schedule today at
360-578-2439 visit our website at www.carpetcleaninglongview.com we service Longview, Kelso, Castlerock, Kalama, and all of Cowlitz county.